Monday, May 10, 2010

weekend things and today


got 30 yards of twine(for $2!) in the mail

Miss Sara Renee sent us her new wedding brochure featuring us on the front AND back. It made me feel pretty special! She is the best photographer around, and if you need photos for anything I highly recommend her. (She's based out of Tennessee)

I cut a whole lot of hair off my husbands head. He hasn't had short hair since 2002, and he wanted some change and also wanted to keep cooler this summer so we googled Ewan Mcgregor and I started a haircut at midnight. (I am a licensed cosmetologist, so it isn't as scary as it sounds) It/he looks amazing, by the way.

I got an amazing arm workout while making salt water taffy. (Look at those veins!) More pictures and recipe coming later this week.
I had to get Josh to help. Stretching two batches of taffy for 20 minutes each equals 40 minutes! And I was tired after five..


And this was today's (very brown) green smoothie. Strawberries, bananas, orange juice, spinach and the goji & acai green superfood powder by amazing grass. It was delicious and I felt super energized. (I got quite the selection of products in the mail from them to try out.) Yum!

5 comments:

  1. where did you get that twine? i've been looking for some decently priced twine for a while now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That taffy looks great! Is it hard to make? Wow, I don't think I've seen Josh with short hair in all the time I've been a Showbread fan lol. Those photos of you two are too cute btw! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm...what temperature did your taffy get to? Mine went up to 270 the second time and it wasn't hard to pull at all, maybe I didn't pull it for long enough or started when it was too hot, or who knows! But it turned out pretty good

    ReplyDelete
  4. What color do you call his hair? Mine is almost identical and I've had a difficult time explaining it. My mom says it's "light auburn" [a mixture of dark blonde/light brown and red; "dark auburn" being a mixture of dark brown and red]. To simplify things, I usually just say that it's red.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, please say hi!

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS