Monday, May 3, 2010

craving green

After a long weekend of eating sugar laden foods almost exclusively, i was absolutely craving vegetables, fruit and green tea.

So i made a "green monster" with bananas, pineapple and a couple cups of baby spinach. And it was just what the doctor ordered!


I also had some kale begging to be used, so I made some kale chips.
You cut/tear up the kale, discarding the stem. Toss in olive oil, lemon zest, salt and pepper.
Bake for 30-35 minutes on 250 degrees. And enjoy the super crispy, healthy treats.

Hope your Monday was amazing!

6 comments:

  1. Have you ever tried nutritional yeast on the kale chips? It has a cheesy/nutty flavor and it incredibly delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I needed a quick and easy recipe for a green machine or green monster smoothie!

    Also, just wanted to let you know that I'm having my first ever giveaway and would love for you to enter!
    http://caraalynn.blogspot.com

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful smoothie!

    I love adding in frozen cherries and almond butter to green smoothies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just discovered these smoothies last week. We've been slurping them daily since then. I'm getting concerned that the kids might be turning a little green around the edges.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks simple to make, healthy, and delicious. Thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want have to know more and more, on your blog just interesting and useful information.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, please say hi!

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS