Monday, May 17, 2010

Cappuccino



I'm not a big coffee drinker anymore, but I do thoroughly enjoy it when I can tear myself away from tea. And this definitely hits the spot.

Cappuccino

1-2 shots of espresso - to taste
1 cup milk - I used almond milk


Make your shot/s of espresso and add to cup.
Heat your milk in the microwave. Once hot, pour into food processor/blender and whiz for a minute or two until the thick foam forms.
Pour the milk into the cup, holding back the foam with a spatula then top with the foam.
Sprinkle with cocoa powder if desired.



7 comments:

  1. I used to drink coffee every morning but have been sticking to tea instead as of late. But you've hit the nail on the head that a good coffee drink can really hit the spot.

    I similarly make cafe au laits at home when the mood strikes. I put whole milk in a small glass jar, shake it vigorously for about 30 seconds, then microwave for 30 seconds to warm and stabilize the foam. Poured over strong coffee, it is both beautiful and satisfying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that looks so good... will have to try it.
    -nisha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've already had 3 cups of coffee this morning, but I think I need this too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That cappuccino does look amazing. I'm a fan of making them at home also.

    Another great way to foam milk for cappuccinos or lattes is to use a small coffee press (french press). Heat the milk first, put it in your coffee press and move the plunger vigorously up and down until the milk is foamed to your liking. It really can create a lot of that great textured microfoam.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not a coffee drinker at all, but I just thought I'd say that the blog renovation looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not everyone has an espresso machine or french press, so using a blender is a fantastic idea! Thanks for sharing this recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. genius. I've been doing it the old school way by frothing it with a french press. it might be time for me to start doing things from this century. Thanks for the recipe! : ) Just discovered your blog today and loving it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, please say hi!

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS